- Woke up at 8:06.
- Had tea. Greeted husband. Read “Ladybug Girl” to daughter.
- Folded load of laundry.
- Talked to mother.
- Stripped bed in our room.
- Read “Ladybug Girl” to MJ while seated on the floor.
- Observed that her black leggings were now covered in disgusting amounts of dog hair and dust. Jesus. I just vacuumed a few days ago.
- Decided our house sits in a “dust vortex”. I am helpless to change it. Instead I will throw out black leggings.
- Took MJ and Mina to the park. Threw ball. Read “Ladybug Girl.” Wished MJ would forget book and play with others. No dice.
- Walked home. Hot. Panted and groaned.
- Watered garden with MJ. Contemplated scraggly “patch” by mailbox. Looks like the horticultural equivalent of a crack den. Sighed.
- Put in another load of laundry. Hung wet clothes on line. Didn’t all fit.
- Put rest in dryer. So much for saved energy.
- Made lunch.
- Read “Ladybug Girl.” Put MJ down for nap.
- Payed hefty Amex bill. Wondered who kept Home Depot and Lowes afloat before we came along.
- Called broker about earthquake insurance. Weighed whether the State of California or a private company I’ve never heard of is more likely to go bankrupt in the event of a major catastrophe. Went with obscure company.
- Put in another load of laundry.
- Went to get laundry on line. All items dry, but stiff as cloth corpses. Why?
- Put clothes in the dryer to soften.
- Typed up agenda for Mom’s club board meeting.
- Vacuumed utility room. The vacuum is already in there. This satisfies me.
- Brought vacuum into master bedroom. Bemoaned having to “lug” it.
- Plugged in vacuum and promptly knocked over my reading lamp with the cord.
- Dodged flying pieces from smashed bulb.
- Vacuumed doghair, dust, and bulb glass, all the while shaking my head and muttering “unbelievable.”
- Threw away lamp in a rage.
- Woke up MJ.
- Drove to board meeting. Was inept.
- Drove home.
- Made elaborate stirfry for dinner. Guilt over too much pasta lately somewhat assuaged. Read “Ladybug Girl” while MJ ate.
- Started bedtime routine. Mike came home early. Immediately bailed on him. No “Ladybug Girl!” Whoo!
- Did dishes. Caused minor flood. Cursed the useless artifact that is our dishwasher.
- Searched for a new book to read. Remembered that I have no light to read by.
- Went to bed.
- Realized I had forgotten to put clean sheets on.
- Put them on, in the dark.
To Done 3/2/12
Leave a reply