- Took MJ to gym class.
- Did big Trader Joe’s shop.
- Brought Mike’s boots in to be fixed. Learned it would cost $150. Talked guy down to $120, then fled in confusion.
- Put away all groceries.
- Made first chicken noodle soup ever. Well-intentioned, but remarkably bland.
- Filled out half of my life insurance application. Contemplated mortality.
- Rolled out trash bins.
- Deadheaded one half of one ice plant.
- Dragged Christmas tree from its “hiding place” (on the lawn — camouflage!) to the curb. Prayed to the Gods of sanitation it will get picked up tomorrow.
- Brought out trash and recycling bags from kitchen and placed in bins.
- Called about class action lawsuit against Honda I am supposedly a member of. Could not get a real person on the phone. Can not find my old vin number. Do not understand options A, B, or C. Threw out all paperwork in disgust.
- Washed kitchen garbage can top.
- Entered receipts in Quicken.
- Vacuumed bedroom and MJ’s room.
- Swept and mopped kitchen.
- Decided sage plant is officially deceased. Threw it away, but not before salvaging last two leaves.
- Put leaves in chicken soup. Still bland.
salt ! a bit of pepper! That’ll take care of the chicken soup.
also — Cumin, coriander
or maybe tarragon?
or maybe those two leaves of sage (with some parsely, rosemary and thyme!)
Buy Mike a new pair of boots and teach him how to take care of them!
How about I do the buying and you do the teaching?